We are currently recruiting for a Financial Accountant in White Plains, NY. The ideal candidate will have 3-5+ years of experience with a variety of general accounting responsibilities including preparing journal entries and reconciliations for cash, fixed assets, accruals, prepaid expenses, and other assets or liabilities. In addition, the Accountant will work on various aspects of the monthly and quarterly close process and other ad-hoc projects as assigned. 75-85K Base + Bonus + Benefits Package
- Prepare and post journal entries for all designated entities - areas include cash, fixed assets, prepaid expense, accruals, payroll, goodwill, intangible assets, and other assets or liabilities.
- Perform monthly and quarterly balance sheet reconciliations
- Perform operating intercompany reconciliations/settlements and drive continuous improvements over the intercompany reconciliation and settlement process.
- Assist in performing G&A allocations across the various entities.
- Assist in preparation of supporting schedules for Head Office supplemental reporting
- Assist with internal and external audit requests
- Analyze balance sheet and income statement account balances for designated legal entity on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Analyze realized and unrealized foreign currency gain/losses and perform revaluations on various balance sheet accounts.
- Act as primary back-up to Financial Accounting system administrator providing daily operational support for business users.
- Proactively participate in continuous process improvements within the Global Financial Accounting Team and the broader Finance organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of 3-5+ years’ experience in general accounting or public accounting
- Knowledge and awareness of GAAP Accounting Standards.
- Self-motivated and able to work cohesively with management and team members locally and remotely
- Detail oriented and strong problem solver with solid analytical abilities
- Innovative team player with ability and confidence to challenge existing procedures and use of systems
- Demonstrated positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills, should be able to effectively collaborate and interact with others
- Ability to multi-task priorities in order to meet deadlines
- Over time is required during peak periods – (Close process)
- Strong knowledge of SAP General Ledger Accounting system is preferred
- Experience with a reconciliation tool (i.e. BlackLine) is a plus
- Advanced level of Microsoft Excel skills, including pivot-tables, v-lookups, and other complex formulas is preferred
Local candidates only. No relocation. No sponsorship.
To apply email resume to email@example.com