We are currently recruiting for an Accounts Payable Manager in White Plains, NY. The Accounts Payable Manager has the primary responsibility of ensuring the Global Accounts Payable function delivers effective and efficient high-quality service to both external vendors and internal clients. The AP Manager will ensure that AP responses to inquiries on vendor invoicing and payment matters are resolved. This role will manage directly a team of 6 AP staff members based in New York and Bermuda. The Manager will provide leadership and ongoing internal support to foster an environment of continuous improvement with respect to service delivery, procedures and the use of technology. Local candidates only. No relocation. No sponsorship. 100K – 115K Base + Bonus + Benefits Package
- Develop new or modify existing procedures to increase productivity and optimize efficiency in the payment process.
- Provide ongoing reporting, review and control of Accounts Payable activities. Develop data analysis, reporting tools and performance metrics to effectively monitor and evaluate performance and efficiency of the function.
- Evaluate and manage staff of six, ensuring performance objectives are being met.
- Review and update Accounts Payable policies and procedures (including invoice/PO approval policy, payment request policy, travel and entertainment policy) and monitor compliance with those policies to support process efficiency, accuracy and training.
- Optimize performance in meeting the objectives of the global function across the key locations including London, Zurich, and Europe branches.
- Monitor our procure-to-pay processes and systems; identify fixes and enhancements as needed.
- Work collaboratively with IT, Treasury, and Finance Data Systems group to ensure our expense management systems are operating effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure new locations or acquisitions are integrated into AP global financial applications including Concur and SAP.
- Maintain high level of service standards for managing vendor accounts and inquiry response to support positive vendor relations and communication.
- Oversee inquiries and ensure expedited resolution of internal and external customer issues.
- Oversee the vendor payment process, ensuring timely payments.
- Ensure that vendor setup and maintenance is performed in an efficient manner and meets IRS and local banking requirements.
- Oversee reconciliation of vendor statements to vendor accounts and investigate discrepancies.
- Develop and maintain effective interpersonal contacts with other functions.
- Coordinate periodic internal reviews with AP stakeholders on the status of AP and vendor relationships.
- Collaborate with Procurement group to monitor vendor invoicing standards, contracts, review payment terms and policies, and communicate with Company vendors to facilitate adherence to those standards and policies.
- Ensure integrity and timely completion of accounting information.
- Support interaction with external and internal auditors.
- Oversee Accounts Payable personnel activity, including recruiting and hiring, staff supervision, development and training, and performance appraisals.
- Participate in certain areas of the process such as daily pay runs, expense approval matrix maintenance, vendor record maintenance, period end accruals, or other AP tasks as needed.
- Stay current on industry practices related to payables and disbursements, assessing and communicating their potential impact on the business.
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in accounts payable.
- Supervisor / Management experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s a plus.
- Some travel may be required.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Problem solving, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze, develop and implement responses to business conditions and operational process challenges.
- Understanding of business processes of accounts payable, purchasing and general ledger accounting.
- Ability to motivate/manage staff and develop interactive working relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Proficient in data analytics, report development and presentation skills.
- Proficient PC skills using Microsoft Office products and experience with ERP accounting system(s); experience with automated vendor invoice management systems preferred.
- Experience with Concur and SAP preferred.
Local candidates only. No relocation. No sponsorship.
100K – 115K Base + Bonus + Benefits Package
To apply email resume to email@example.com