We are currently recruiting for a Ceded Cash Accountant to join a Ceded Reinsurance team located in New York City (Midtown). This job will start remote until the office reopens in Midtown. The team is responsible for the purchasing and management of Ceded Reinsurance placements. The Ceded Accounting team will provide accurate and timely production of financial statements, production reports, client receivables/payables and monitor cash processing. Compensation package: 75-90K base (Depending on experience) + 10-15% Target Bonus and full benefits package.
- Work to ensure the timely and accurate settlement (payment and collection) of all Reinsurance Account Statements
- Handle Accounts Receivable and Payable to ensure all aged balances are fully documented
- Develop and maintain a process to manage bad debt reserve
- Ensure sub-ledger is complete and up to date
- Help to ensure SOX compliance relating to Key Controls and Processes for Cash
- Partner with Ceded Operations, Finance as well as Audit
- Assist in solving client issues resulting from questionable balances
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience 3 + years relevant experience in Ceded Reinsurance Accounting
- Working knowledge and proficiency with systems and technology utilized within area of responsibility
- Collaborate with internal and external customers; understand the needs and goals of a customer and actively look for ways to meet them
- Strong communication skills
Local candidates only. No relocation. No sponsorship. Must be a US citizen or a green card holder. This job will start remote until the office reopens in NYC Midtown. Must be a US citizen or green card holder.
To apply email resume to email@example.com