Location: New York City (Midtown) | 75K – 85K Base + Bonus + Benefits Package
We are currently recruiting for a Financial Analyst in New York City (midtown) to support managerial reporting and business intelligence development for the NYC office. The Financial Analyst will assess company and/or business-unit performance, drive ad-hoc business reports, special project assignments in addition to influencing P&L management through report development. The Financial Analyst must be able to perform dive deep analytics and communicate effectively to stakeholders. Important initiatives include assessing P&L variances, developing and managing key performance indicators and partnering with the FP&A teams in assuring that accurate information on the business is available on a timely basis and that insightful analysis is performed. Base 75K – 85K Base + Bonus + Benefits Package
- Develop, implement and deliver standardized reports, dashboards, executive-level summary reports and presentations to effectively communicate business performance to operational leaders and stakeholders
- Establish KPIs and ROI metrics to measure and evaluate the different segments and lines of businesses across the organization.
- Identify and monitor significant business trends and variances, including in revenue, expenses, headcount, capital, balance sheet, and cash flow items
- Conduct in-depth review of the different lines of business across entities to extract insights and interpretations as well as formulate recommendations.
- Perform peer review analysis.
- Evaluate financial performance including budget vs. actual variance explanations, margin analysis, and other trends & performance drivers
- Prepare ad-hoc analyses
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Risk Management or related field; MBA a plus
- Minimum of two years of experience with analysis, insurance industry strongly preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Experience with P&L analysis
- Advanced Excel modeling skills required
- Experience with Business Objects, Cognos Report and Power BI preferred
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- SAP knowledge is a plus
- Strong in developing graphs, charts, and presentations
Base 75K – 85K Base + Bonus + Benefits Package
To apply email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Local candidates only. Must be in a commutable range to New York City (Midtown). No relocation. No sponsorship. Must be a US citizen or green card holder.