Location: White Plains, NY | 90K - 100K + Bonus + Full Benefits Package
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Internal Auditor in the White Plains, NY area. The ideal candidate will have 3-5+ years of experience within internal audit and public. The Senior Internal Auditor will conduct independent audits for all lines of business for the underwriting operations including subsidiary companies and their respective underwriters or producers with delegated underwriting authority. Summarize findings in audit reports and provide recommendations to the affected business and corporate underwriting. Follow up on all recommendations until resolution of the audit subject matter is achieved. 90K - 100K + Bonus + Full Benefits Package
- Conduct assigned internal audits in a timely manner
- Assist with the completion of the global internal audit plan
- Manage and develop 2 direct reports
- Lead or participate as a project team member on assigned Internal Audits and special reviews
- Lead or assist with planning and execution, including risk assessment and control evaluation for operational, financial, regulatory, and technology related internal audits and critical process reviews
- Ensure audit findings are properly communicated with management and appropriately tracked through remediation
- Preparation, maintenance and updating of internal audit work papers in TeamMate
- Providing ongoing internal control consulting to management
- Support the continued growth of the departments Data Analytics initiative by utilizing data to drive more efficient and effective testing
- Assist in the execution of department initiatives, special projects, and investigations as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Risk Management, or a related discipline
- CIA or CPA preferred. Current progress towards a CPA, CIA or ARe certification will be considered.
- 3-5+ years of experience in internal audit, public accounting, accounting, or a combination.
- Experience in insurance and/or financial services a plus.
- Possess ability to effectively and professionally communicate complex business topics to management via reports, memos, and verbal communication
- Maintain strong client/customer service focus – position requires interaction with numerous employees on all levels of business
- Possess strong risk and internal control awareness
- Possess strong technology and analysis skills.
- Specific experience in SAP, TeamMate, and/or ACL a plus
- Willingness to travel as required (up to 25%)
- Proficiency in MS Office suite and ability to learn new applications and technology
To apple email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Local candidates only. Must be in a commutable range to the White Plains, NY area. No relocation. No sponsorship (must be a US citizen or green card holder)