We are currently recruiting for a Senior Product Manager in the Westchester County, NY or NYC area (Currently hybrid schedule in-office & remote). This position will be responsible new product development. The Senior Product Manager will analyze market trends, identify new opportunities, develop product specifications, costing, and features. 100K – 120K Base + Bonus + Benefits Package
- Development of new products (household, kitchen, small appliances…)
- Evaluate competitive landscape and prepare market overview of existing items and market gaps “white space” that we can take advantage of – using store assortments, online reviews and other available resources
- Create product specifications including materials, features and benefits vs competition, price targets, operating specifications in keeping with Brand and Company objectives
- Coordinate project needs with sourcing and technical team in Asia
- Review/implement all elements of the product schedule throughout the process (e.g. prototype and sample review, product testing, fit and finish)
- Submit and follow-up on “approved” costing requests for new product configurations in alignment with Sales/Marketing targets / directives
- Request all related materials from factory / sourcing for new development initiatives and distribute to appropriate team members
- Track all open projects and update department head on statuses and any existing issues.
- Update product creation and / or specification on a timely & accurate basis.
- Coordinate Design, Development, QC & Testing matters with suppliers and Asia.
- Analyze applicable product ranges with the goal of identifying areas for improvement (i.e. costing challenges, obsolete products, deficiencies in current offering, potential additions based on market trends, etc.).
- Coordinate with Sales & Marketing to ensure that all development milestones / agendas are met in relation to internal and external timelines
- Communicate accurate packaging and supporting material deadlines to Marketing.
- B.S. or B.A. degree, MBA preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years work experience, product development of household, small kitchen appliances a plus
- Self-motivated, team player, ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, organized
- Willing to work in multiple time zones as needed (China, Europe, US)
- Mature, able to work independently, passionate about excellence
Local candidates only (must be in commutable range to Westchester County, NY / NYC area) and comfortable with a hybrid schedule remote & in-office. 100K – 120K Base + Bonus + Benefits Package. To apply email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org