We are currently recruiting for a Statutory Accountant to join a growing Finance Team in White Plains, NY. The Accountant is responsible for making the necessary accounting adjustments to convert GAAP financials to a statutory basis and the preparation of U.S. statutory financial statements and related filings. 65-75K Base + Bonus + Benefits Package
- Preparation of journal entries to convert GAAP financials to a statutory basis, maintain supporting documentation and prepare GAAP to STAT reconciliation.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual statutory financial statements and supporting schedules including: Schedule F, Schedule P, Schedule T, State pages, Investment exhibits and Insurance Expense exhibits.
- Prepare materials as requested by independent audit firm and interact with independent audit firm in completion of annual statutory audits.
- Importing and ensuring accuracy of data loaded into the Company’s statutory reporting software, WINGS.
- Assist in the preparation of materials regarding regulatory inquiries and data calls.
- Execution and compliance with internal control policies and procedures over statutory reporting including compliance with model audit rule.
- Other responsibilities and ad hoc projects as assigned.
- 3+ years of relevant statutory accounting and reporting experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field (CPA desirable).
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint. Advanced Excel skills are highly desirable.
- Must be team oriented with strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain internal and external relationships.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, meet tight regulatory deadlines and respond to changing priorities.
Local candidates only. No relocation. No sponsorship.
To apply email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org