We are currently recruiting for a Vice President Product Head – Architects & Engineers . This is a key and highly-influential role within the underwriting management structure, empowered with broad responsibility for driving the profitable growth of a fast-growing portfolio, specializing in the unique needs of a wide range of businesses and distribution platforms. The VP will lead the design and adoption of sustainable underwriting strategies that inspire our teams and honor our commitment to being a superior business partner to our customers and brokers. 175K – 225K Base + Bonus + Benefits Package
- Apply subject-matter expertise to develop profitable underwriting strategies.
- Demonstrate a hunger for knowledge in all aspects of the construction professional liability marketplace and our customers in order to create and evolve nimble, innovative and best-in-class risk solutions in a clear and simple manner.
- Develop and evolve rules based underwriting models to drive more consistent and profitable results for small business customers.
- Develop and evolve an effective technical underwriting guide (TUG) inclusive of smart and profit-minded risk appetite and parameters.
- Develop, evolve and implant effective training collateral and skills assessment capabilities.
- Responsible for collaborating with others to deliver the agreed top-and-bottom-line annual business plan -- a mutually-shared objective with our field distribution leadership team as well as our direct-to-consumer distribution leadership team.
- Proactively monitor a suite of profitability performance metrics, and adjust our underwriting strategies in a timely manner as new, material opportunities and risks emerge.
- Develop and implement best practices to ensure underwriting rigor, technical compliance, quality controls and regulatory compliance.
- Conduct peer reviews and apply quality control measures on underwriting files.
- Primary referral point for the business and design, manage and deploy an intelligent strategy for the deployment of underwriting authority grants.
- Inspire and support the success of our underwriters by giving them a clear sense of purpose, and empower them to make smart underwriting decisions through best-in-class training, responsive coaching and guidance on complex accounts.
- Drive the implementation of our underwriting strategy through a high-performance staff of more than 60+ underwriters based in seven regional sales offices in New York, Atlanta, Dallas, Chicago, Phoenix, Los Angeles and San Francisco.
- Assist the Head of Professional Risks in building our brand as a specialty small business insurer that is passionate and dedicated to the marketplace by providing thought leadership as the “face” of the line of business at industry events and in industry publications, and providing compelling insights to our underwriters in order to help them win in their regional marketplaces.
- Proactively drive results through the development of positive, productive and collaborative working relationships and partnerships across related business functions and departmental heads, including Distribution (Broker & Direct-to-Consumer channels), Claims, Marketing, Finance, Operations, Legal/Regulatory and HR.
- Remain agile through change and is open to shifting roles or a different reporting structure as the business evolves.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the US construction professional liability marketplace as an underwriter or broker.
- Strong technical command of professional liability exposures and insurance solutions in one or more of the following professional sectors: Architects and Engineers, General Contractors, Artisan Contractors, and Real Estate Developers.
- Travel 15-20%
- Strong technical command for portfolio underwriting and operating within a small business admitted environment.
- Proven track record of delivering sustainable underwriting profit.
Location: Flexible (USA) Atlanta, Chicago, NY, CA | 175K – 225K Base + Bonus + Benefits Package
To apply email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org